Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Speaker - terminal connected to the AC line?

On May 24, 7:35*am, "William R. Walsh" wrote:
Hi!

Got schematic?

I have the complete service manual for the unit. However, it

doesn't
seem to show any connection between speaker - and the AC line.

That's not to say it isn't there. I have yet to spend a lot of time
looking at it, as right now I'm dealing with a bat that is somehow

in
the wall of my house.

William

Are you sure of that? I just looked at the schematic of my Technics
SA-160 receiver and there it is. R791 3.3Meg 1/2 Watt from the neutral
side of the power input to ground (polarized power plug). This _may_
happen physically near the speaker terminals simply because the power
and speaker switches are grouped together. On the schematic it's shown
on the primary side of the power transformer, not at the speaker
connections.