Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default GLOAT: I'm tired

On Sun, 23 May 2010 22:18:11 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

OT: The batch of 9mm cast bullets, a few I gave to your kid, seem to be
under-lubed. If any are left, give them another coat of Alox. They seem to
lead my bbl. a bit more than the latest batch, but not too badly. I used to
thin the Alox 3:1 with mineral spirits, now I do 8:1. Let me know if you
want more, I cast them 500 at a time or for about half an hour, then it gets
boring.

Tom are you referring to Liquid Alox? If so, I've thinned mine with
denatured alcohol rather than mineral spirits. They dry faster that
way. I can't say what proportions. I just thin till it pours more
easily. Over time it separates, so I have to shake the bottle before
I start using it again.

RWL