Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default PING Don Foreman

On 2010-05-24, Don Foreman wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2010 10:34:21 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2010 07:15:41 -0400, John Husvar
wrote:

In article ,
Don Foreman wrote:
against, I just haven't gotten around to making a shielding garment --
as perhaps a vest with Litz wire sewn into it.

How about a fencing scoring lame' (Metalized vest for foil/jacket for
saber) and ground it? Wear it under your leathers.

Just a thought

Excellent lead!

Fencing scoring lame is quite expensive, but investigating that lead
me to
http://www.lessemf.com/fabric.html
where I found quite a few possibilities at very reasonable cost.

Thanks!

These guys even have ready-made EMI garments! Scroll down to the tee
shirt at
http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Hmm ... Perhaps EMI resistant yarmulkes for those who spend a
lot of time on cell phones and are worried about brain cancer form the
RFI?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564