Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Worktops - which type...

On 24/05/10 21:22, Arthur51 wrote:

A few days ago I came across a Concrete method.
Its also diyable with some books available on the subject.
Google 'concrete countertops'

Arthur

Different... Wish I could find the link, but it reminds me of a hosue in
the USA where they self-builders laid concrete slab floors, then
polished them aka shopping centre, but more boring 'cos it was plished
concrete. But the piece de resistance was when they then etched a stain
into the concrete (I don't know - some funky acid, turned it different
shades of orange and brown. By masking and reapplying the acid, they
created a terracotta tiled finish, with apparent grout lines in a very
elaborate pattern - and mirror smooth to boot.

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.