Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default OT engine compartment hood latch inoperable, how to open hood?

William Wixon wrote:
there have been a couple auto related (repair) posts recently, thought i'd
try mine.
a friend is telling me the handle inside her vehicle that actuates the
(engine compartment) hood-latch-release dangles free and doesn't pop the
hood. i'm thinking i'd like to try to help her. any tips/tricks on how to
open a hood who's latch is broken? i'm hoping there's some kind of trick
besides "a large pry bar" or "plasma cutter", etc.
i haven't looked at it in person yet, thought i'd ask here first so maybe
with your advice i can look like i know what i'm doing when she brings it
over. (i've been courting her for the past 9 months, help!)

If no similar vehicle is handy, try googling "Hood release broken + (car
model"

That's what I did last time, and it was lotsa help.

Of course, after I spent an hour dismantling the hood latch through the
grill, I found the cable intact, but in need of lube.