Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney Robert Swinney is offline

Default stuck in park

Naw! I guess it "failed safe" in some way. It would not go into park. Evidently the (failed)
relay logic knew to let it start in drive. I high-tailed it home 25 miles and took it in for repair
under extened warranty the next day.

Bob Swinney
"Wes" wrote in message
"Robert Swinney" wrote:

My Govt. Motors 2004 Pontiac GXP had one of those stupid interlock problems. It was locked into
'Drive" and would not go into 'Park" because of failure of one of the lock-out solenoids. Better
living through electromechanics.

So when you can't get it into park, then you can't start it again because it isn't in
park. That is one of those things where you know bad just came, worse is coming.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller