Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default kill a watt ez

In article , HeyBub wrote:
ransley wrote:

To find actual kwh cost it is what is owed divided by what is used in
kwh, right.

Well, no. You'll still pay $25 or so per month if you used no electricity.
Then there's tax, universal access fee, Spanish American War tax, exise
taxes, sales taxes, 911 fee, sewer charges, mosquito control district, and
other taxes and fees (I may have some mixed in here that don't really
belong, but that's probably just a temporary thing).

My non-KWH-related portion of my monthly electric bill is about $6.
(My electric utility is PECO, due to me living in Pennsylvania near
Philadelphia).

I subtract that from the total bill, and divide what's left to get my
per-KWH cost
(nearly 15 cents per KWH, above the USA average of 11 maybe now or soon
12 cents per KWH).

--
- Don Klipstein )