Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default kill a watt ez

On 5/23/2010 11:20 PM, Pete C. wrote:

notbob wrote:

On 2010-05-23, wrote:

cant just give it to you straight.

The "straight" cost is always given, as in "$.14 KW/hr" or something
like that. The other charges are the fed/state/PUC screw job.

nb

Presuming no carry over charges from the previous month or "equal
billing" plans, the cost per kWh is the total bill divided by the number
of kWh listed for the billing period. It makes absolutely no difference
what parts are attributable to generation, transmission, taxes, etc.,
the total bill divided by kWh is the amount you paid per kWh. Also, do
the math yourself, as the "cost per kWh" listed on some utility bills is
fraudulently calculated, excluding taxes and fees.

Thats exactly as it should be and all taxes/fees should then be
explicitly stated as line items. The provider is informing you what they
are charging to provide service. They are only acting as a tax collector
for the additional charges. This is no different than buying lunch and
declaring that the $5 price listed for your sandwich is fraudulent when
you pay $5.35 at the register. If you dislike the idea (I do) of weasel
politicians applying "taxes we won't notice" on everything then fire
them on election day.