Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Something leaving small animal parts at my door!

In article , Harry K wrote:
On May 24, 6:21=A0am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

"HeyBub" wrote:
I know quite a bit about cats. For example, cats, along with camels and
giraffes, are the only animals that move both feet on the same side when
walking. It's left-front, left-rear, right-front, right-rear. All other
four-leggers alternate right-left.

Horses do that, too. Okay Standardbread pacers on the track, but
there you are. (g).

Do the pacers do that from birth? I have always thought they had to
be trained to do it.

That gait is called "pacing". Nearly all four-legged animals can pace
naturally AFAIK -- dogs do it frequently -- but most prefer other gaits most
of the time. Standardbred horses don't have to be trained to pace; rather,
they have to be trained *not* to canter or gallop.