Posted to alt.home.repair
Worn out Retread Worn out Retread is offline

Default Ultrasonic bird repellers

"dpb" wrote in message
The Daring Dufas wrote:

If you knew what species the birds were, you might be able to find a
recording of their warning cry or the cry of a predator bird to play
at regular intervals which might scare them off.

Indeed...many (I think all that showed up in my search for the previous
paper abstract that I had seen some years ago) of the ultrasonic products
also have such soundtracks w/ them so testimonials to the effectiveness of
the ultrasonic devices probably have absolutely nothing to do w/ the
ultrasound component do anything except adding to the marketing hype...

I'm not sure how effective such are, either, long term. And, of course,
there's the nuisance factor of the cure as well as the actual problem in
that route.

Starlings, for example, are terribly persistent about roosting--scare them
up at eventide and they'll simply circle and return unless are extremely
persistent and often even then a large number will eventually just ignore
noise, movement, etc., once dark sets in.

You have a handle on the problem that we face. We have been on the look out
for nests in the tree and there are none but if I find any in the future
they will be gone in a hurry.

All I can do it seems is to hope that they move on to some other
unfortunate's property.

Thanks to all for some useful information.

Ron P