Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default stuck in park

In article , RBnDFW wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , RBnDFW

wrote:
Geez, if that thing is sitting on a hill with a loaded trailer and just
that parking pawl stopping it.....

Ever taken a transmission apart, and seen just how heavy that pawl actually
is? It's a pretty stout piece of very hard steel.

I probably have seen several, but the only one I really paid attention
to was way smaller than I would have liked it to be.
I've never trusted them since, always using the manual brake on hills,
and angling the steering to direct toward a curb or other stopper.

I had the opposite reaction: I'm much more trusting of the pawl after having
seen how large it is.