Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_3_] Tim Wescott[_3_] is offline

Default stuck in park

On 05/24/2010 09:59 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
"Karl wrote in message
news.com...
"The Kid" is closing on his house today. backing his van up a steep hill
with a heavy trailer, he put it in park and got out to make sure he wasn't
going to hit anything. Now, its stuck.

I leave in a bit over an hour to help him out and loan him a car if
there's not a quick fix.

He did jack up one rear wheel to relieve pressure, no joy.

Any quick ideas?

Karl

If this is a van built in the last decade or so, check the brake light fuse
and the lights themselves. If they don't light when you depress the brakes,
that's your problem.

I found this out the hard way.g I can't give you specifics, but that is a
VERY common problem with recent vehicles stuck in park.

Some stupid lockout circuit, that won't let you shift to park unless the
brakes are on?

Argh.

--
Tim Wescott