Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_3_] Tim Wescott[_3_] is offline

Default stuck in park

On 05/24/2010 08:37 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
"The Kid" is closing on his house today. backing his van up a steep hill
with a heavy trailer, he put it in park and got out to make sure he wasn't
going to hit anything. Now, its stuck.

I leave in a bit over an hour to help him out and loan him a car if there's
not a quick fix.

He did jack up one rear wheel to relieve pressure, no joy.

Any quick ideas?

I always forget the basics in situations like this. I'm one of those
guys who will have the TV or computer ripped half apart before I realize
that it's unplugged, or that the circuit breaker to the plug got turned
off when we were rewiring that switch and oh yea, we never turned it
back on, etc.

Of course, other than a jammed transmission, the only basic that I can
think of is the linkage.

Be sure to check the linkage.

And don't get rolled over by a van, then a trailer, if you happen to be
underneath when you get it unjammed.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com