Posted to uk.d-i-y
Camdor Camdor is offline

Default Safe surface for a trampoline

On 22/05/2010 21:31, Michael D wrote:

I'm about to buy a 10 foot trampoline, probably like this: http://bit.ly/c83BW.
The bit of the garden where the trampoline's going isn't completely
level in one direction and dips about 8" from one side to the other.

What's a reasonable way to provide a safe, level surface for the
trampoline to rest on? I'm thinking maybe some breeze blocks or some
kind of solid timber. Obviously it would need to be able to cope with
at least some movement of the trampoline. Not sure if it will need to
be dug in a few inches.

Jedzi

I had this problem, and just cut the Legs of the Trampoline with an
Angle Grinder to level it off. You can cut the legs down to size and
drill a hole in them to take the spigot of the 'u' part of the leg again.

I actually cut all 6 legs, as it was a bit high I thought, and even with
me bouncing on it (16 stones) it doesn't even come close to bottoming out.

--
Regards
Camdor.