Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default kill a watt ez

dpb wrote:

If I can ever afford it, I'm going to setup solar panels and wind
generators, and tell the elec co to shove it.

Chuckle...

And there's the bottom line -- you can't do it for less, even for a
minimal amount such as a single dwelling.

--

Not if you insist on using electricity as the only way of storing and
moving energy. For people who want to live 'off the grid', the answer is

It does take a lot more work on a daily basis to exist that way. All
that low-tech stuff takes a lot of upkeep. That is the reason
electricity caught on so fast- it is so damn convenient.

--
aem sends...