Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Shave/plane glass?

Andy Dingleberry wrote:

On 23 May, 12:19, (Steve Firth) wrote:

Perhaps you could do so? I have several pieces of laminated glass which
are toughened. i.e. the laminate is a sheet of toughened glass, the
polymer then a sheet of non-toughened glass.

Bull**** Steve.

No it's not, Dingleberry.

Talk to a glass laminator and they might (if they can be arsed to talk
to know-it-all ****wit #3 round here) why you can't have toughened in
a lamination.

I've already posted one URL from a laminator who will provide toughened
glass laminations. Here's another URL explaining how toughned glass is
used in laminated windscreens.

http://www.answers.com/topic/automobile-windshield

You will also find that it's mandatory to use toughened glass in
European (CE marked) windscreens to reduce facial lacerations in the
event of someone's facing impacting the inner surface of the windscreen.

Here's the URL I provided earlier that it appears you, and other
****wits like you couldn't be bothered to read:

http://glazeguard.com/safeguard.htm