Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default kill a watt ez

"HeyBub" wrote in message

And even if they did, the cost to generate the power is negligible
compared to the cost to distribute, maintain, and account for the power.

We've got an aluminum plant nearby that uses enough power to serve 10,000
homes. But it only takes one wire (well, three) to get it there. Contrast
that with 7,000 poles, 5,000 transformers, 10,000 meters (and the reading
of them), 10,000 bills sent each month, etc.

I have a little experience with business rates. They are far different and
in most cases cheaper than residential rates.

Many businesses pay based on a peak demand rate. Off peak is another
factor.

We actually lowered the utility bills for an all electric pizza restaurant
by switching from regular to peak demand pricing. I mean a big savings.

Think about it. Those generators and wires can only make and carry so much
load at one time.

--
Colbyt
Please come visit