Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default What are these plumbing things called?

On Sat, 22 May 2010 20:44:14 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

Given the level
of risk involved, I'd say BP had the responsibility to write a
contingency plan for every possible complication that had a better than
1 in a million chance of materializing. And I'd say they failed,
willfully taking risks far greater than that, with no plan B.

The Contingency Plans, at work years ago had a Disclaimer:

(paraphrasing)

"These plans are not expected to cover every situation that might
arise. Common sense must be used."

Example: As a guest tenant agency on an military base plans, were
given to the military for review and comment, then approved so they
could go to Washington, D.C.

On September 11, 2001, the base went to DEFCON 3. Certainly not part
of our CP.

We had plans for say, 12 hour shifts. But never "pack a suitcase for
three days".