Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default LA boycotts Arizona

wrote in message
On May 20, 9:22 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

But some states issue driver's licenses to anyone. (Not my state, but a
couple do.)

Any government-issued ID qualifies as "papers" these days.

We'll see what Arizona accepts.

--
Ed Huntress

This is from the Arizona Bill. Note Number 4. It says that a drivers
license from a state that requires proof of legal presence before
issue is valid proof.
So your N.J. license would be fine. But a N.M. license would not be
acceptable as N.M. does not require proof of legal presence before
issuing the drivers license.

Interesting. So if I had a NM license, my problem probably would be that
they wouldn't believe that anyone could be as white as me. g

--
Ed Huntress

Dan

A person is presumed to not be an alien who is unlawfully present in
the United States if the person provides to the law enforcement
officer or agency any of the following:

1. A valid Arizona driver license.

2. A valid Arizona nonoperating identification license.

3. A valid tribal enrollment card or other form of tribal
identification.

4. If the entity requires proof of legal presence in the United
States before issuance, any valid United States federal, state or
local government issued identification.