Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default The youth of today!!!

On 5/23/2010 6:39 AM, Larry Jaques penned the following missive:
On Sat, 22 May 2010 23:40:15 -0700,
wrote the following:

(...)

A 4.5 hour wind storm gets you an hour of welding per
turbine (at midnight, too.)

Yabbut, having to wait for a storm is a wank of a style.

So charge your battery bank with photovoltaics, wind charger,
biogas turbine and your plasma garbage converter, fuel cell, etc, etc.
Relying on just one source of energy is just silly.

Fuel cells might be in our future, and our box could power several
neighbors' homes, too. Instead of propane, the truck comes once every
few months with hydrogen. Google's doing it on a much grander scale
with its Bloom Boxes. http://fwd4.me/Pcr

They are still "Glitch Containers". IIRC
Still waiting for the promised consumer level box.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when
they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Or corporate fear, whose god is infinitely more powerful and awesome
than anything else man has ever conjured.

--Winston