Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen2 Stephen2 is offline

Default Trailing Socket with USB Ports

On May 23, 9:38*pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Stephen2 writes:

Anyone know of a good extension cable/trailing socket that includes
usb sockets as well as 3 pin electrical sockets? Thanks.

What are the USB sockets connected to?
or is this just for 5V power?

Max length of a USB cable is only a few metres (5, I think)
before the data signal degrades too much.
You can get longer by daisy-chaining hubs, and there are
USB extension leads which consist of a 1-port hub with a 5m
lead.

--
Andrew Gabriel

I thought it could be used for charging things like mobile phone,
spare battery and stuff like that. Maybe not a good idea though.
Thanks for the info.