Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Something leaving small animal parts at my door!

Val Gal wrote:
Five times in the past two weeks, "something" has left parts of small
animals at my front door. The items range from liver, kidneys,
intestines, and once a small paw like a squirrel's, but very little/no
blood. I dispose of the items and hose the area down (I removed the
front door mat after the first time). I've also tried spraying the
area - one time with citrus air freshener and one time with lysol
spray (got a "present" the next morning). My front door is sheltered
and a little secluded. What might be doing this and how do I
discourage it?

Likely a formerly-domestic stray cat looking for a new home, or a dumb
neighbor cat mistaking your door for theirs.

I had that problem a LOT in the apartments with hundreds of doors that
all look alike- open the door to check the mail, and a cat that was
waiting there strolled in like he owned the place. (Thankfully no loose
parts- I gross out easily) Cats are the only common suburban animals I
know of that leave presents on doorsteps. It is the old hunter
hardwiring, trying to show they are good providers and deserving of a
place in the group.

--
aem sends...