Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Ultrasonic bird repellers

Worn Out Retread wrote:
"Jay Hanig" wrote in message
On 5/22/2010 9:52 AM, Worn Out Retread wrote:
Does anyone have experience in using ultrasonic bird repellers? Do they
work or are they just a fancy gadget that actually does very little or
nothing?

I need something that won't disturb my neighbours' and rid my large tree
of birds. They are making a terrible mess under the tree.

Thank you.

Have you considered a Daisy? I once relocated a flock of geese from
my neighborhood with one. They're not as dumb as you'd think: a few
plinks in the ass and the whole clan left.

Deadeye

An air rifle would be nice but it wouldn't be long before I was visited
by the local constabulary;-)

It's a tree. They are birds. That is what birds DO. You nicely provided
a place for them to roost, and now you want to chase them off?

Short of cutting down the tree, nothing much you can do that will work
on a long-term basis. I'd say get a cat, but their mess is even more
disgusting than what the birds leave. Plastic owls, shiny pinwheels,
etc, work only until the birds figure out they aren't really a threat.
As a kid, we used to put giant nets over the cherry trees so we could at
least keep part of the crop from the birds, but it was a major PITA and
not real pretty when in place.

--
aem sends...