Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default How to shrink heat shrink tubing?

Is there such a thing as a small heat shrink tube shrinker that does not
toast the things around it? The largest thing I need to shrink over is
about 1/2 an inch most of them are small (20awg or less) wires.

You can buy small butane-powered torches, with a variety of tips. The
one I bought has a flame tip, a catalytic-heater soldering tip, and a
catalytic-heater hot-air jet. The latter works very well for doing
small heat-shrinking jobs - with the torch turned down to minimum gas
flow it produces a rather delicate and controllable jet of hot air
which can heat the tubing without roasting things nearby.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO