Tom Lindsay

Default 6" jointers: Jet 6CSX vs. Delta 37-275X?

Looking at a 6" jointer to add to my shop (tired of gaps in my panels) and
have settled on one of these two. Both are ~$550 at Amazon with free
shipping, though the Delta includes a "freebie" with it (router, jointer
stand, cordless drill or a brad nailer).

The Jet has the wheel adjustment vs. the levers on the Delta (wheels look
like they might provide more precision), but the Delta fence provides for
finer adjustments with the carriage assembly. Having never used a jointer,
I'm not sure which setting I would fiddle with more when using this? The
reviews I've read about the Jet and the Delta don't really show one
radically different or better than the other.

Any personal experience with the "levers vs. wheels" or fence adjustments on
either of these?