Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Speaking of reloading stuff...

On May 23, 9:25*am, Doug White wrote:

When I was a kid, we used to visit the duPont museum on the Brandywine
River near Wilmington. *It was very well done, and you could walk along
the river where they had the remains of several blackpowder grinding
buildings. *They each had three heavy stone walls, with the 4th side
along the river. *The roof sloped towards the river as well. *That way
when they blew up, all the burning wood got blown into the river. *Each
building had a plaque on it: *Built such & such year, blew up several
years later, rebuilt, blew up several years later, rebuilt, blew up, etc.

Doug White

Still there and still well done. Since you visited the Hagley Museum
they have restored the repair machine shop to about what it would have
been like in about 1870. All line shaft machine tools except for a
post drill and a treadle lathe. The machines are all operational and
the operation is demonstrated by volunteers. There are pictures on
line, but right now I can not find a site with pictures of all the
machines.

They have a some special events that might appeal to RCM members. The
car show will be Sept. 19th.

Dan