Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What are these plumbing things called?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_13
That Apollo launch and mission sure was an adventure of adapt,
overcome, and so on.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
You cannot write a contingency plan for every situation. Can't
expect
a plan to cover every set of circumstances. Didn't NASA save the
Apollo with a improvised brainstorm?

Yeah, sure, Apollo 13. Saved the lives of 3 men, who knowingly and
willingly embarked on a voyage positively fraught with danger. Not a
good analogy. Risk vs. reward is a real-world concept. Given the level
of risk involved, I'd say BP had the responsibility to write a
contingency plan for every possible complication that had a better
than
1 in a million chance of materializing. And I'd say they failed,
willfully taking risks far greater than that, with no plan B.