Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Shave/plane glass?

rpgs rock dvds wrote:

On 23 May, 12:19, (Steve Firth) wrote:
rpgs rock dvds wrote:

I'm going to contact the supplier first thing in the morning, and ask
if I can take the 3 glass sheets back in for grinding.

Please get back with the price. A like a good laugh.

So it's not going to be cheap then? The 3 sheets are all 600mm x
848mm. I need the 848mm side ground down to 847mm, for each sheet.
Do you think it will cost more than £50?

I'll be surprised if you can get it done for £50. The last quote that I
had for scratch removal from glass was £150, this was for a minor
scratch that was simply bloody irritating and was much less than 1mm
deep. To skim 1mm off three sheets of glass seems like a major
undertaking.

I'm really surprised that it's not easier to adjust the frame. What is
stopping you?