Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default What are these plumbing things called?

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Sat, 22 May 2010 12:04:34 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
dpb wrote:

This beating up on BP is simply populist Monday-morning qb'ing for the
consumption of the press and populace.

Huh? As far as I'm concerned, they ****ed up. They should not have been
doing something that entailed risk, without a plan for dealing with any
problem that might arise. It's really just that damn simple.

You cannot write a contingency plan for every situation. Can't expect
a plan to cover every set of circumstances. Didn't NASA save the
Apollo with a improvised brainstorm?

Yeah, sure, Apollo 13. Saved the lives of 3 men, who knowingly and
willingly embarked on a voyage positively fraught with danger. Not a
good analogy. Risk vs. reward is a real-world concept. Given the level
of risk involved, I'd say BP had the responsibility to write a
contingency plan for every possible complication that had a better than
1 in a million chance of materializing. And I'd say they failed,
willfully taking risks far greater than that, with no plan B.