Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default TIG

On 5/22/2010 4:05 AM, Doc wrote:
(dan) wrote in :

What's that Lassie? You say that stryped fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Fri, 21 May 2010 07:43:12 -0700 (PDT):

I have a Bobcat 225 welder I just aquired. I have always want to learn
to tig. What is the minimum I need to buy to practice tig with this
machine?

Thanks!

You will need a tig 'torch' with a gas valve, a tank of argon,
regulator and flow gage/meter for the argon, and if your welder has
some kind of remote current control ability, a foot pedal.

Just out of curiousity, is it just me but I hate using a foot pedal with
TIG?

It could be 'just you' but it sure isn't 'just me'.
I'm very comfortable with the foot pedal and found the torch
mounted control to be all but useless.

I think it's a 'brain thing' regarding the isolation of
purposes. Or I could just be a klutz.

--Winston