Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What happened to mini-trucks?

On Sat, 15 May 2010 09:49:29 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

In 1991 I bought a 4WD, long bed Ranger with the 4 cylinder engine.
Despite its 26-28 MPG the lower power made it undesirable and it sat
on the lot until the end-of-year clearance. It's powerful enough for
me up to about 60 MPH, top end is ~75. Ford soon discontinued that
combination. I'm told the sixes can barely hit 20 MPG.

My 94 Mazda B3000 (445,000 miles) got 21 mpg with its 3.0 6 cyl, and its
replacement..a 2001 Ranger 3.0 6 cylinder (auto), 188,000, gets 19mpg.
(Both came off the same assembly line)

I still have the Mazda and an low mile replacement engine. When I get
the time, Ill install it and put her back on the road. When I parked it
because it would no longer pass smog, it was still mostly original parts
and in VERY good running condition.

I drove the Ranger home this morning, from my 2 week stay in Los Angles.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.