Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Wiremold for outdoor use?

"Walter E." wrote in message
I need to extend an 110V outdoor outlet box for 10 feet horizontally and 8
feet vertically along the outside of my house. This is for security
lighting. The outside of the house is stucco. The inside is 16" studs and
wallboard.

Can I use wiremold or do I need to use conduit, which would be unsightly.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Walter
www.rationality.net

I didn't think anything was uglier than wiremold. If it has to be done
externally, I'd do it in EMT with rain-tite fittings, but I would first look
to see if there isn't an outlet on an interior wall near the location where
you want the fixture. If there is, you can usually tap back to back from it.