Rick Dipper

Default asbestos

The very fine, and the large dust is not dangerous, its the in-between size bits, that get stuck in your insides.
Despite what others have said I would take reasonable precautions, overalls, masks, gloves etc ....

Personally I would get a quote from someone, and them try it on with the seller. I would not admit to anyone official that this stuff is there, just incase they made you
pay for it to be done correctly at some time in the future.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:50:18 +0100, "Mike T" wrote:
hi,
am new to here - hope you dont mind my first post being a question..
we're looking at buying a house with some old chicken huts in the back
garden. They're nissen-hut type shelters, about 6' tall and 20' long.
They're made of what looks like corrugated concrete, but I wouldnt be
surprised if they also contained asbestos.

If they do, will it cost be a fortune to get them taken out? How much
should we negotiate off the price of the house? (there are 6 of them)

many thanks for the help
mike