Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Wiremold for outdoor use?

On Sat, 22 May 2010 11:40:08 -0700, "Walter E."
wrote:

I need to extend an 110V outdoor outlet box for 10 feet horizontally and 8
feet vertically along the outside of my house. This is for security
lighting. The outside of the house is stucco. The inside is 16" studs and
wallboard.

Can I use wiremold or do I need to use conduit, which would be unsightly.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Is there a receptacle box inside the wall, in close proximity of where
the exterior box needs to go?

Tap a wire in the inside an go through the wall from the inside with a
long bit. Pull a wire and fix minor damage to the wall. Touch up
paint.

Run electrical conduit under the weep screed at the bottom of the
stucco, then go vertical. Paint it.

Not an electrician, just thinking out loud...