Posted to alt.home.repair
MIB MIB is offline

Default Wiremold for outdoor use?

"Walter E." wrote in message
I need to extend an 110V outdoor outlet box for 10 feet horizontally and 8 feet
vertically along the outside of my house. This is for security lighting. The outside of
the house is stucco. The inside is 16" studs and wallboard.

Can I use wiremold or do I need to use conduit, which would be unsightly. Any other
suggestions?

Thank you

Walter
www.rationality.net

You could probably get away with using PVC wire ducting if you use wire that is
insulated for wet locations and it is installed in a fashion that will not allow water
to jeopardize the structure, junction boxes, or fixtures.

Why not hide the conduit in a wood or PVC molding of some sort while using
standard bell box extensions and fixture boxes?

Make sure to clear everything with a local inspector. They don't mind you
asking questions.