Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Another tool of Dads

keith wrote:
On May 21, 11:12 am, wrote:
A K&E (Keuffel& Esser) Wyteface 10 foot tape measure. Looks like they
made some high quality stuff. Unfortunately it probably came home by
"mistake" in his coveralls from his boiler welding job. As a kid we
always had a few of these around. I also have the same brand 50' tape
measure, it's in very rough cosmetic condition but it works well.

K&E was known for making high quality aluminum slide rules.

Hi,
You make feel old. I still have one in leather case. My son civil
engineer often look at it with awe. In his HS math course he used to
look at it and played with it. I also have a Japanese pocket slide rule
made from bamboo.