Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tool review - Harbor Freight

On Fri, 21 May 2010 23:04:31 -0700, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Bought a mobile base for some of my power tools.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...egory=&q=95288 $
34.99 at my local store. (Compare to circa $90 elsewhere)

After assembly and try-out, I went back and bought 4 additional bases.

Certainly a good price. But the mechanism would seem to me to be a pain
if one moved machines often, as I have to do in my tiny shop. I prefer a
similar one that Woodcraft sells (at least they used to) where the
mechanism is the common lever that you step on. IIRC, on sale they were
not a whole lot more than the HF base.