Posted to uk.d-i-y
Donwill[_3_] Donwill[_3_] is offline

Default Lining inside walls of garage to workshop conversion

On 22/05/2010 16:16, John Rumm wrote:
On 22/05/2010 14:49, Donwill wrote:
I've started fixing bearers at 24" centres using up my stock of 50mm
celotex in-between.
What is the cheapest material to use for covering the celotex, I thought
of using 12mm plywood but is there a cheaper alternative that is rigid
enough to take lightly loaded screws for small narrow shelves etc. What
about flooring grade chipboard or similar. Any ideas?

OSB is probably about the cheapest you could get away with.... I used
shuttering ply - not as pretty as normal WBP, but good enough when
painted and easy to fix to.

Thanks for that John, what thickness of shuttering ply did you use?
Don