Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default GFCI wall outlet in unfinished basement

terry wrote:
On May 21, 3:25 pm, "Beta-42" wrote:
JayTKR wrote:
Oops, just to clarify "Jay-T" and "Beta-42" are both me, just
different identities set up on two different Usenet newsservers.

Oops, sorry again. I seem to be suffering from multiple computer multiple
personality disorder. It started when the news.eternal-september.org new
server was down for a while and I was using my backup news servers are set
up with different identities.

Washers contain an AC motor; any possibility of the GFI outlet
'tripping'. (Due to momentary unbalance currents).
Thinking of the same reason that GFIs not recommended for fridges etc.
that also contain motor!

Refrigeration that plugs into 15/20A 120V receptacles in commercial
kitchens has to be on GFCI protected circuits. The problem is leakage,
not imbalance. As John said, these days appliances in good repair should
not trip GFCIs.

--
bud--