Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default opposite of an RF Modulator?

mm wrote:

Does there exist the opposite of an RF Modulator? Something that will
take RF and turn it into digital for a digital tv?

Well, a RF *demodulator* takes analog RF and converts it to analog A/V. A
A-D converter will convert that to digital.

Can I convert the analog back to digital for the digital tvs?

A A-D converter will do the trick. $$ for video.

Question: For the digital TVs, why not just use the original digital
signal?

I don't know. I guess I can. I didnt' think of it. Thanks.

I guess I would have to use a couple spitters to make a route around the RF
modulator, and then I would be running analog and digital on the same
co-ax, right?

If you split it off to the digital TVs *before* it goes into the D-A
converter box, then it would be only digital - right?