Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does non flux coated wire go bad?

On May 21, 4:58*pm, stryped wrote:

I did not leave the welder or the wire out in the weather. It has
always been in the garage. But the garage I figured has high humidity
because the door is cracked most of the time.

What do you mean a 500 dollar role of welding wire?

Welding wire can oxidize. Sounds like you should unload the machine
and store the wire is a zip lock bag.

I think he means the cost of the wire including the labor. You could
make something to spool the wire off one spool and onto another. I
kludged up something to spool wire from a 30 lb roll on to 10 lb
spools that would work. I am going to have a go at removing the
oxidation from some silicon bronze wire that was thrown out because of
corrosion.

Dan