Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Does non flux coated wire go bad?

On May 21, 1:54*pm, "Robert Swinney" wrote:
It's a resistance, *. . .errrrr. make that "conductance" thing.

Bob Swinney
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in messagenews:Xns9D7F8D95D507Blloydspmindspringcom@2 16.168.3.70...
stryped fired this volley in news:5c155cc8-f5f3-
:

can I bring the wire back to life?

It's easy, Stryped.

Unroll all of it. *Get some lightly oiled 0000 steel wool, and scrub off
every bit of corrosion and rust on the wire as you re-roll it.

When you're done, you'll have a nifty $500 roll of welding wire, and all
will be right with the world.

Or - just a suggestion - you could treat the welder and its supplies as
if they were tools, and not leave them out in the weather.

Me, personally, I remove the spool from the machine after use, baggie the
wire, then store it in a my rod oven.

LLoyd

I did not leave the welder or the wire out in the weather. It has
always been in the garage. But the garage I figured has high humidity
because the door is cracked most of the time.

What do you mean a 500 dollar role of welding wire?