Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default opposite of an RF Modulator?

On Thu, 20 May 2010 08:05:04 -0400, Rich Webb
wrote:

On Thu, 20 May 2010 01:19:04 -0400, mm wrote:

[snippety snip]
So what will I do when I have one or two digital tvs, but I'm sending
analog to all the tvs?

Some (many? most? all?) current generation U.S. flat-screen television
receivers include both NTST (analog) and ATSC (digital) tuners. The NTSC
tuners work the same way on the flat-screens as they do for the older,
CRC-based models, so you may not need to make any changes to your
distribution system at all.

Well that would be great. I'll keep my eyes open for that.

Can I convert the analog back to digital for the digital tvs?

Not easily or cheaply. The consumer-grade market for such a gizmo is
very small. If you wanted to do the heavy lifting, the specs for each
are available and it certainly could be done in principle. Some guy with
a web page has probably already done it but you're not likely to find
one on the shelf at WalMart.

Okay.

Thanks to you and to Bob, AZ, David, William (even though he thinks
I'm trolling!) Jim, David, Michael, and UCLAN.