Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeffrey D Angus[_2_] Jeffrey D Angus[_2_] is offline

Default Today's Lead Free Crap Solder Stories ...

Wild_Bill wrote:
What's taken place, I think, which I suspect was intentionally
forced upon most of us, is that manufacturers wanted to lower
everyone's expectations of quality.

I've been watching this "trend" since the '70s.

My opinion is that we as consumers have brought this on
ourselves with the attitude of: "I don't care if it's
crap, I want it now, I want it cheap and I'll be bored
with it within a year anyway."

Although this isn't entirely new. You could be cheap or
shoddy merchandise for as long as they've been bartering
from stuff. It's just that the ability to mass produce
garbage has exceeded our wildest expectations.

Jeff

--
“Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.”
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com