Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wooden lockers: can it (should it) be done?

On Fri, 21 May 2010 08:55:49 -0700 (PDT), John
wrote the following:

I'm just toying with the idea. My work has some showers, but there
are no lockers there, which means you get to drag your stinky clothes
to your actual office...

Anyways, I was thinking that it wouldn't be to hard to make some small
cedar lockers out of some leftover wood I happen to have. I know
cedar stands up to a lot, but I've never tried it against sweaty
underwear... I was just wondering if it's worth my time, or if
they'll end up smelling as bad as the clothes within a year (also,
what kind of finishes people suggest).

Within a month. Just get a few plastic duffles and swipe 'em with
clorox water when you're done.

--
Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to
fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without

And that, my friends, is what's doggin' global warming extremists. -LJ