Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Clear, durable finish for redwood?

On Fri, 21 May 2010 08:51:47 -0600, "Max"
wrote the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote

Aw, just Penofin that puppy.

Ferret out your best local price. It's spendy, but everything which
works is nowadays. (As are many things which don't, like our
CONgress.)

Here I am in a city of 700,000 and there's no place to find Penofin.
Las Cruces, NM is the closest...........45 miles.

Where you is? Que Paso, um, I mean El Paso, Texicus?

I almost went through LC but I found the shortcut between Deming and
Hatch. It was a wild ride that day. I was barreling along at about 80
in a rented Crown Vic when a crow dived to a few feet above the
highway and aimed himself directly at me behind the windshield. He
veered off just in time. Just after I'd slowed way down, a sheet of
rain hit the glass and I was blinded. Quickly looking out the window,
I slowed and stopped, still on the roadway. It was over in a minute or
three, but it was the heaviest burst of rain I'd ever seen or felt in
a vehicle. I stopped cursing crows after that. He probably saved my
life.

What I didn't do is repeat "Oh my God!" and "I've never seen anything
like that." a minimum of fifty times over the course of a 4 minute
vid. 'Course, I didn't see hail.

--
Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to
fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without

And that, my friends, is what's doggin' global warming extremists. -LJ