Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default LA boycotts Arizona

"Ignoramus28763" wrote in message
On 2010-05-21, John B Slocomb wrote:
In the mid 60's I was stationed at Bangor Maine and was driving down
to New Hampshire. I came on a cruiser parked on the side of the road
and a guy with a uniform standing there who flagged me down. I stopped
and the chap said, "would you mind telling me where you were born,
sir?" Kind of a strange thing to say to a guy out on the side of a
country road, but I replied, "New Hampshire" and the fellow sort of
saluted and waved me on.

Some time later I saw some of the Border Patrol pistol team and
mentioned it to them. "Silly thing to ask a guy" way out there in the
country. The Border Patrol guy replied, "Try answering with a French
accent".

OK, what do you think would have happened if you did reply with a
French accent???

He would have got some follow up questions and the agent would have either
been satisfied or continued the probe until he determined what action he was
going to take.

See http://supreme.justia.com/us/428/543/case.html

Also see http://supreme.justia.com/us/422/873/case.html this case was
distinguished from the above case because the person that had been convicted
of being a "coyote" was successful in arguing that the roving stop just
because they looked Mexican was unconstitutional, but the illegal he was
transporting got the boot anyway.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.