Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LA boycotts Arizona

Lewis Hartswick on Thu, 20 May 2010
07:33:48 -0600 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
rangerssuck wrote:

I did a major double take this afternoon. My doorbell rang, and there
were three very clean-cut young men in white shirts & black ties,
carrying pamphlets. I immediately concluded that I was about to be
invited to join the Mormon Church.

I was wrong.

They were selling vinyl siding and replacement windows.

I am somewhat disappointed in myself for having been so prejudiced. Of
course, I'm no big fan of home improvement sales people, either. But
all the same, I shouldn't have jumped so quickly to characterize them.

I believe that is called "Profiling". :-)
...lew...

The story I read was of the third generation Chinese guy, who
opened the door to see the Two Earnest young men, with their phrase
book, going through it trying to talk with him. Finally, he can't
stand it anymore, and yells at them "Why don't learn English or go
back to your own country where you came from!" Slams the door and
laughs so hard, he hurt himself.
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!