Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default some of my kids work

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4bf6147b$0$24276
:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

I have a theory and I'm blaming some of my generation for the
problems. I was in high school in the early 60's.

snip

rant on

IMHO, American public education today finds itself in a similar
position to the steel and automotive industries of the 60s.

The teacher's associations and the public service employee unions have
for the most part, gained defacto control of the public school
systems, much the same as the steel and auto industries found
themselves in the 60s with their union contracts.

I say this as an observation of reality rather than an attack on
organized labor.

There is no question organized labor serves a valid function; however,
it is obvious the situation has gotten out of hand as it applies to
public education.

Something has to be done to resolve the situation, I only hope the
"medicine" doesn't kill the patient.

After all, the basic steel and automotive industries don't offer a
usable model.

rant off

Lew

Amen. Teachers, parents and city politicians are to blame. They should
cooperate and rectify. Some heads should roll.

--
Best regards
Han