Posted to sci.electronics.repair
saber850 saber850 is offline

Default LCD Desktop Monitor Fading to White, then Black

On May 16, 10:42*am, wrote:
On May 16, 8:22*am, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

In article
s.com, saber850 writes

Fortunately, I ordered 2x the caps a couple days ago. *So hopefully
the problem is in fact the caps and I'll have both fixed soon.

It'd be interesting to hear how you got on.

--
(\__/) *
(='.'=) *Bunny's thinking about giving Windows 7

Absolutely! *I intend on posting back with my next steps.

At this point, I'm still waiting for the parts (currently expected to
arrive tomorrow). *I'll say I'm not thrilled to have paid $8 to ship
a 0.4lb package which takes 5 business days to arrive. *Perhaps I'm
spoiled by NewEgg's ship time & prices.

Fortunately, my monitors seem to be playing tag-team on functioning
correctly, so I can still function at this point.

I just completed soldering all the new caps to one of the boards! For
desoldering, I found it easier to simply heat each lead and gently
pull the cap out. The braided copper didn't really help, perhaps
because the pins are so small.

The good news is that the monitor functions fine (I thought I may have
messed up one of the caps). The unfortunate news is that only time
will tell if the problem is really solved.

I will post back with the status after a couple days. If all goes
well, I'll repeat the procedure on the other board.

Thank you all for your help thus far!